Would you like to learn self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques to help prepare your mind and body for giving birth?
Every birth is unique and the Easibirthing course is about empowering you to manage your own individual experience, not fear it. The Easibirthing method will teach you how to use hypnosis for pain management and boost your trust in your body so that you can enter labour feeling calm, confident and in control, whatever type of birth you are planning.
The course is informal, friendly and supportive and the group size is kept to a small number (6 maximum).
The course is ideal for you if you are 24+ weeks pregnant.
What will I learn:
The course is run over 5 sessions and teaches relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques that will help you from the very first stages of labour all the way through to bonding with your baby and adjusting to parenthood.
You’ll also be supported by a comprehensive information pack as well as eight CDs/MP3s so that you can practice and prepare at home.
Dates & Times:
Session 1 – Sunday 20th October
Session 2 – Sunday 27th October
Session 3 – Sunday 3rd November
Session 4 – Sunday 10th November
Session 5 – Sunday 17th November
All sessions run from 11am – 12.30pm.
How can I book?
Just visit https: www.eventbrite.co.uk to book your place or contact me directly.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to find out more.
£100 per person.
The course fee covers all 5 sessions and the supporting materials.
The course fee must be paid in full in advance.
If you would prefer to attend sessions on your own, or would like to bring your partner along, I also offer this course on an individual basis at my normal rate of £40 per session.
I can also offer individual sessions to help you with:
- Sickness & vomiting
- Elective Caesareans
- Babies in a breech position
I trained with Sharon Mustard, a specialist in hypno-psychotherapy for fertility, childbirth and post natal mental health. You can read more about the Easibirthing method on her website http://www.easibirthing.co.uk/
Clinical studies have shown that hypnobirthing can:
- Reduce or eliminate fear
- Produce pervasive relaxation
- Significantly diminish or eliminate the need for medication; thereby eliminating its risks and post-delivery effects for both mother and child
- Increase the rate of spontaneous vaginal birth, reducing the need for intervention
- Shorten the period of labour; by reducing anxiety during each stage
- Make it possible to manage and control of sensations of discomfort
- Promote a steady recovery
- Foster and increase positive emotions during the entire birth process
- Help you create of an experience which has positive memories attached
- Reduce incidence of post-natal depression
- Stimulate and maintain a strong energy level into the post-delivery phase
- Promote lactation for breast-feeding
- Result in a calmer, more laid-back baby
You can read more about the clinical evidence here: www.easibirthing.co.uk/childbirth-clinical-evidence